Friday, March 4, 2011

Cream Pan

Meatless March Day 4

Much better than yesterday, until a barbecue at friends this evening. What could be better than Cream Pan for lunch. I know it's only egg salad sandwiches, but it is very yummy egg salad, with cucumber. And with a banana pastry for dessert, pure heaven. Thank you to the lovely Carol for recommending it and bringing me samples a few weeks ago.

Dinner at a friends was salad, taquitos, guacamole(I think for the taquitos) and really delicious smelling grilled chicken. I wanted to cheat. I really really did. And I quite easily could have, but the rest of the month would have been ruined, and I wouldn't be able to take myself seriously in the future if I did. So ate what little salad was left at the bottom of the bowl. Luckily that is where most of the kidney beans and peppers ended up. I also had a perfect blend of fruit salad (bananas, blueberries, strawberries and apple) and guacamole. It was dark so nobody could see me eating guacamole with a fork. Is that strange? It was really good and chunky, and without tomatoes, just the way I like it.

My yummy sandwiches from Cream Pan (I didn't eat the ham one)
Photobucket

The most amazing, scrumptious best ever in the world pastries
Photobucket

These pastries really are perfect. The custard cream is not overwhelmingly sweet. I think it is the secret ingredient to making their pastries the best. And the croissants are perfectly flakey . There just isn't a better word for them than PERFECT!

2 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oh yes.....I had some of those at Carol's...and I'm dying for some more. the banana one...sigh...

Steph Bailiff said...

Oh my goodness. I feel all the wonderfulness going straight to my hips (as my mom would say). Those look fabulous!!