Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hot Day at the Pumpkin Patch!

I think it was 90 degrees at least.

After a week trying, we finally got to a pumpkin patch. Since when did going to find a pumpkin turn into spending $20 at the carnival. Elliot got to go on his first pony ride, ride on the carousel, drive in the front of the train and ring the bell, and ride in an elephant (not a real) one. So when Elliot and I do these kinds of activities, I never know if he is enjoying himself, because he is so serious. On each and everyone of these rides he never looked at me or cracked a smile. But he talked about it all afternoon and wanted to go back. He kept telling me how he "petted the horses pony" and went"ding ding" on the train. I got one cute picture of him looking and sort of smiling at me and that was so he could go on the carousel. Then on the way out he climbed behind one of the painted wood scenes and stuck his head through. I think he thought I would let him go on another ride, if he posed for another picture. So maybe we'll go find another pony ride with Daddy this weekend, but not at the pumpkin patch in Seal Beach. The dudes were really ornery, and seemed as if they didn't even like children as they plucked him out of my hands and practically tossed him onto the horsey. And they wouldn't let him wear his cowboy hat on it either.







He's only looking at me, because I told him I had boogers on my head


1 comments:

inkyblog said...

ha, boogers on his head-must remember that one next time i want to get his attention :)

Elliot on his pony ride is so cute (didnt you take a picture of the douchebag ride operators...?)

We are trying to get to the Pumpkin Patch this afternoon even though it's like 95 degrees and I would much rather not :)